Upper Endoscopy & Intestinal Biopsy

Upper endoscopy - Mayo Clinic

I had my upper endoscopy today. Nothing crazy to speak of. I checked in at 1pm, had the procedure done, and was picked up around 2:30-3pm It was pretty quick! They used Versed and Propofol. They hooked it up to my IV and I remember answering one question and then woke up in the recovery area!

Since I was still out of it after the procedure and they aren't letting drivers into the waiting from for Covid safety. I got a sheet saying that they found scalloped mucosa in the duodenum which is "commonly associated with Celiac disease." They did take an intestinal biopsy and now are waiting for the results to see if I have Celiac. It could take 7-10 days. Again, a waiting game.

I went home and took a good couple-hour nap and it's back to a "normal" life again tomorrow. I did pick up a new prescription water pill that is supposed to work hand-in-hand with the one I am already taking and hopefully keep my ascites going down. I still have a little fluid in my belly which makes me very self-conscious. Vanity aside, it would be nice to get it to go away.

Comments

Popular Posts