On Our Way Back to Idaho!

Image may contain: Jackie Warren and Kristina Cunningham, people sitting and closeup
So we are on our way home. No solid diagnosis but a couple theories. They still believe I have Celiac and once you have one autoimmune disease it's likely to have more than one.
The internal medicine doctors and Hepatologists had differing opinions on my diagnosis. They ended up doing one more scan called a Hida test and a blood test to check for markers for something called PBC (primary biliary cirrhosis). It could take up to 2-3 weeks to get that test results back due to all the Covid labs going through everywhere. But, the Hepatologists are leaning towards PBC being the cause of my liver damage but the bottom line is I need to learn get the dosage of my meds under control and learn how to recognize my warning signs of encephalopathy (when my ammonia levels get too high and take over my ability to reason and concentrate). It could be a few months to a year before I can go back to a more normal life and that is if I don't have PBC. If the tests come back positive for PBC then that is a whole other ball game and we'd cross that bridge when we get there.
Thanks for everyone who has brought meals so far for my father, husband, and boys. We aren't going to try to move until probably next weekend but if you are able to help, we'd sure take it! I'm not sure how I'll feel yet.
We will still accept and appreciate prayers for patience as we wait for test results and that I am able to manage my symptoms on my own from home as much as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts