First Diagnosis

Image may contain: one or more people and phone, possible text that says 'DIAGNOSIS'

Well, I received a diagnosis today. It is, in fact, Autoimmune Hepatitis and Celiac disease that goes hand in hand. For whatever reason, my gluten allergy has had me "walking on the edge of a cliff for years" according to my doctors. Something finally just set me over.
My blood tested positive for ANA (antinuclear antibodies), SMA (smooth muscle antibodies), and F-actin antibodies which point to Autoimmune Hepatitis but also the transglutaminase ab which is Celiac disease.
Be that as it may, I will have to receive lifelong treatment to keep my diet in check, treat my hepatitis, and ensure my ammonia levels stay down or I could potentially be back to square one again (which if you ask my mom or Wade, I was non-responsive and not lucid at all). That means I have been deemed medically disabled and it had been strongly suggested to take time (more than less) to adjust to my new lifestyle and find a good dosage/combo of medications like steroids and others to treat the hepatitis. The amount of damage/scarring is still out depending on the results of my biopsy from yesterday.
I basically lost my job, lifestyle, health, and self-worth in a matter of a week. I feel defeated and very unsure about the future. We have a tough decision to make about buying our house due to me not working for a while either. With the extreme amount of bills that have accrued we have to apply for help through the state/government in order to avoid medical bankruptcy. It's all a lot to take in.
The only silver lining that I am seeing is they I get to be with my kids more but there is a long road of recovery, checkups, and uncertainty ahead. I pray that I am able to find myself with my diagnosis, stay healthy, and eventually get back to working in time. Any help or advice it always welcomed.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. My mom, Jackie, has been my rock through all this. It's going to be a long road ahead but I have great people all around me rooting me on.

Comments

Popular Posts