About Me

Image may contain: 4 people, including Kristina Cunningham and Wade Cunningham, people sitting and indoor
#yellowformason #forevermissingone #masondaniel

Hi, my name is Kristina Cunningham. As I write this, I am 31 years old. I have been married for almost 7 years to my husband, Wade. We've had 3 beautiful little boys - Mason, Noah, and Everett. Our son, Mason, passed away at 19 months old and never got to meet his little brothers. We miss him a lot. Noah is 2 and Everett is 8 months old.

My husband and I just bought our first house in the midst of all my medical drama and are very happy to be where we are in spite of everything going on. I decided to write this blog in hopes that it would help me to process everything... my symptoms, the trauma of the experience, finding a diagnosis (It's now April 2020 and we still don't have one), dealing with my medications, etc. I hope that journaling through it will not only help me to cope with everything but maybe someday someone else will be struggling with the same thing and could possibly find answers for themselves and their own personal health problems.

Before my hospital admission last month, I had only ever been admitted to the hospital for one appendectomy and to have my babies - the last two were c-sections. So, I had had a couple surgeries and those were very "exciting" for lack of a better word, but I had never had health problems in the past until now. Every time I went to my OB appointments - which was the only time I saw a doctor - there was nothing to relay. I was healthy the whole time, didn't take any medications, and it wasn't until my second labor, with Noah, that I had to have an emergency c-section because he was pushing on his cord trying to come out of the birth canal and slowing his heart rate!

My point is, I still don't really understand how you can go from being totally healthy with no problems to being diagnosed with acute liver failure in the matter of a hospital visit. So, without further adieu, here is my story.

Comments

Popular Posts