The Days Before Admission

Early March
After my initial ER visit the week before on February 28th, I was left feeling like I wasn't going to ever figure out what was going on. I set my appointment with Terry Reilly on March 13th, but after working on Friday, March 6th I was so exhausted and simply could not stay awake. I was in and out of consciousness for the next few days - sleeping for 2-3 hours and then someone would come wake me up to eat/drink something and then I would go back to sleep until they woke me up again. I did that for 3 days - Saturday through Monday. I ended up calling in the next few days as well (well, my husband did because I wasn't able to).

One of the nights before going to sleep, I was trying to set my alarm and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I know it was at least 5 minutes because I was waiting for my husband to get done getting ready for bed and the entire time he was gone, I couldn't figure it out. I swiped and opened apps and turned my screen off and on, it was like I knew what I was supposed to do and that I had done it before, but I simply could not figure out how to set my alarm. My husband, Wade, finally came into our room and said he had called in for me for the next day and I didn't need to set it. Feeling beaten down, I just gave up and went to sleep. Now I know this was encephalopathy. My brain wasn't functioning. 

March 11th, 2020
Feeling exhausted and about ready to take an afternoon nap, I reached out to people on Facebook to see if anyone had any ideas of what could be going on with me. 

"Med tech, nurse, doctor, etc friends, I need your help with a diagnosis. To avoid TMI on Facebook, PM if you're interested and I'll send you the timeline of symptoms."

Little did I know that I wouldn't remember waking up the next day or anything until the afternoon on March 12th after being taken to the ER.




Finally, recognition for chronic fatigue syndrome | The Independent

Comments

Popular Posts