Hello From Salt Lake City



 Hello from Salt Lake City. Thank you to everyone who is praying and helping my family out in this hard time. I never thought at 31 that I would have liver failure and be flown to another state for treatment.
This had been one crazy few weeks. The liver doctors here in Utah said they have never seen liver enzyme levels as high as mine were when I was first admitted on Thursday. I don't remember anything from that morning except Wade carrying me to the car and then putting me in a wheelchair in the ER and then I blanked out again. My liver basically was flooded with toxic levels of ammonia that made me totally lucid and my brain wasn't functioning.
After being admitted to St Luke's Nampa, the Doctors did a slurry of tests that all came back normal, they felt I would be in better hands going to the University of Utah that has the best Hepatologists (liver doctors) in the nation.
I was strapped to a gurney and flown on the St Luke's fixed-wing jet to the Utah Airport where I was admitted. (That was a pretty crazy experience.) We were in and out of the airports so fast that we left Boise, flew, landed and checked in to U of U in about 2 hours. They were amazing.
The doctors here started pretty much from square one again and said they have already ran over 50 labs and have another 15 that we are waiting for results from today. An ultrasound confirmed fluid in my belly that they want to test and are planning on doing a paracentesis tomorrow but I needed a high dose of Vitamin K today to help my blood clot because my INR is too high and they want to prevent bleeding too much.
So, next on the schedule is paracentesis tomorrow and hopefully more test results. If they are still inconclusive, next would be a liver biopsy.
I was able to FaceTime with Wade and the boys for a bit and they seem to be doing ok.
Again, thank you to everyone who is praying for me, my family, and the doctors... We really need it and appreciate everything you are doing. Meals for Wade and my dad to help out are appreciated. We also have a GoFundMe page to help with medical bills and getting out here on the weekends.
I'll try to keep you updated as things progress. 💛🙏🤞 @ University of Utah Health


Comments

Popular Posts