Change of Plans

No photo description available.
Well, if things couldn't have been more confusing and on edge, we have a different possible diagnosis this morning but it can't be confirmed without an intestinal biopsy which I can't have until my INR levels go down. So, potentially I could have Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) but can't confirm it right now. It would be a more harsh diagnosis and would probably end in a liver transplant but things would have to get much worse. They are treating me as having autoimmune hepatitis and Celiac for now with steroids and meds to see if things improve but my meds will have a lot of side effects as well and will take a lot of adjusting to get right. If there is no improvement, they will move forward with the intestinal biopsy for more answers.
They are thinking they will send me home today and start treatment at home, for now, to see how things go. The end game is unsure but more than likely I will eventually need a liver transplant and will have a daily struggle to get by. They liver Doctor said that partial transplants don't really work so I would have to wait for a match when that time comes. I may seem fine on the outside but that's simply not the case. My diagnosis is bad my whole life is now changed.

Comments

Popular Posts